3/4 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Cooking fat: avocado oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 onion, minced
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
optional Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sweet Potato fries:
1 lb of sweet potatoes cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick matchsticks.
You can leave the skin on or peal it off.
2 tbsp cooking fat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine together the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
2. Form 2 patties of equal size with the the meat mixture, set aside.
3. Combine all of the ingredients for the chili sauce in a saucepan placed over a medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. While the sauce is simmering, heat a large skillet with a small amount of cooking fat over medium high heat.
6. Once the skillet is hot place the burgers in the pan.
7. Cook the patties for 4-6 minutes on each side, depending on desired doneness, only flipping them once.
8. Remove from the heat
Sweet Potato Fries:
9. Preheat your oven to 425 F.
10. In a bowl, coat the sweet potato matchsticks with the cooking fat and season with salt and pepper.
11. Place the potatoes on a baking tray in a single layer so they cook evenly.
12. Roast the sweet potato fries for about 20 minutes. Test with the tip of a knife and see if the knife easily slips in. If not, bake for another 5 minutes and test again.
13. Serve the burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and drizzle the chili sauce on top. Serve the warm sweet potato fries on the side.