12 chicken drumsticks, skin on
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
3 tbsp ghee or coconut oil, softened
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/2 lb baby spinach
1/2 tbsp cooking fat
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Preheat oven to 425 F with a baking sheet large enough to fit the drumsticks inside (use 2 if needed).
2 In a saucepan over medium-low heat melt the ghee or coconut oil and add the seasonings, mix well, remove from heat.
3 Rinse and pat the drumsticks dry.
4 Dip each drumstick into the mixture so they are fully coated.
5 Place them on the preheated baking sheet(s).
6 Once they have all been dipped use a pastry/cooking brush to give them one good last coating of the remaining butter.
7 Place them in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 F. If using 2 baking sheets rotate halfway through.
8 If you desire crispier skin turn on the broiler and let each sheet broil for a couple minutes, watching them closely.
9 Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and fill with cold water just enough so they are covered.
- Bring to a boil and cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes and return them to the pot, add the ghee or coconut oil,
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mash well.
- In a large sized sauté pan heat the cooking fat over medium heat. - Add spinach and stir occasionally until spinach is wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir once again.
- Serve 3 drumsticks per person with the mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed spinach.
** Remaining drumsticks and leftover sides will be for tomorrow’s lunch.
Here's some of our favorite Amazon picks to help you with your nutrition!